Sunday, February 18, 2007

A full day in the studio

This was my first long, full day in my studio since I moved into it. It was an absolutely beautiful day out. Sunny and a bit warm. My studio has no heat so I was able to warm it up nicely due to the temperature outside. I'm almost done with the untitled painting with the clock I just posted. This painting is quite a jump for me. It's very sparse and clean. I'm use to being a lot messier with things. But that is one thing I wanted to evolve in my work-skill. I wanted to work on craftsmanship and skill within the process. Somehow that has translated into a very crisp image. I can tell you, not everyone is a fan of it. I think that is because they just aren't use to it. Anyway, the working title for this piece was Shaman/Priest but it may end up being Monument To Thieves. I just like the not-so-pointed nature of the second title. I feel the first one gives away too much. I also prepped 13, 12"x12" ampersand panels for the encaustic pieces I'm ready to start. You can check out that blog at waxybuildup.blogspot.com. I posted a photo of the panels here. They have such a quiet beauty to them in the late afternoon light. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Love the new painting! I also love the shot of all those panels just ready for whatever you're going to throw at them.

Anonymous said...

Well said.